Want to attract new customers and get more sales on the holidays? Explore new approaches for a killer BFCM 2020.
The holiday season gives you the greatest opportunities to drive strong conversion rates and turn first-time customers into loyal customers. In fact, holiday e-commerce sales account for about 20% of total annual retail sales. So we’ve got a few tips to help you generate the maximum in holiday sales this year.
Product recommendations that drive more sales
Between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, people land on your online shop to choose the perfect gift. But shoppers’ time is limited over this hectic period. And if visitors have to dig through all your suggestions, they will more likely get tired of a great collection of items and leave your webstore without purchasing.
What can you do?
Direct customer attention to the products you know they will love.
Add personalized product recommendations to your webstore. Personalized product recommendations may help your visitors find what they need and quickly purchase without distractions.
Recom.ai – Upsell & Cross-sell helps you automate upselling and cross-selling campaigns while still crafting targeted recommendations to customers.
There are several easy ways to recommend your products to maximize your sales during the holiday season:
- Showcase your New Collections
- Highlight Top Sellers and Bought Together items
- Offer relevant product at the point of purchase
- Create a Buy One, Get One for A Discount (BOGO) offers
- Promote similar items.
Using product recommendations strategies, you can take full advantage of the holiday buying season whether you’re a business guru or just starting.
Holiday-specific landing pages that incentivize
The idea behind a landing page is to simplify the purchasing journey by gathering products on promotion in one place.
You don’t want your visitors coming to the webstore and having to dig around to find what they’re looking for. That’s why landing pages are amazing.
There are many tricks to make a landing page conversion-friendly. Here are some of our ideas:
- Focus on one specific offer.
- Create a holiday gift guide – just like “What to get your boyfriend/girlfriend this Christmas” or “Top holiday gifts”. In such a way you will not only inspire your customers to make purchases but also highlight your top-rated products.
- Use FOMO and urgency strategies.
- Leverage the power of video and create a short video review that provides informative value to visitors.
Product bundles that boost AOV
One way brands get more sales via product packages – offering several items at a discounted price.
In most cases, merchants take items that aren’t selling well and pair it with popular products. For instance, you’re a clothing retailer with a blazer at $50 and a t-shirt at $10. Your blazers are extremely popular but no one doesn’t want to purchase your t-shirts. By recommending a package of one blazer and one t-shirt for $55, you might promote less popular items and turn window visitors into paying customers.
Programs that reward
A rewards program makes it easy to develop strong, emotional relationships with your customers and, as a result, set you up for success. Try the following incentives:
- Remove shipping fees when the total reaches a certain threshold.
- Offer bonus points for every action your customer completes. With more points in hand, your community members will understand why they need to continue to interact with your brand.
- Suggest free products or discounts for sharing a unique URL with another customer.
Emails campaigns that nurture
Email marketing is one of the most efficient ways at every occasion and event. Don’t miss an opportunity to bring customers back to your webstore so they can act on your holiday sale offers.
- Entice first-timers to make purchases and add to your welcome message a special offer.
- Recapture lost sales and add a time-sensitive discount to your abandoned cart email.
- Send order confirmation and thank your customers with a coupon.
- Leverage the power of a first-purchase feedback email, and ask your customer whether they enjoyed your product or service. Don’t forget to add any type of product recommendations to your message.
Ready! Set! Grow!
Time flies – the holiday season is around the corner. With the right strategy in place, you can create a shopping experience that drives more sales and converts one-off shoppers into returning customers.